Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sourdough Fuel

I had mentioned before that the cabin is heated by heating oil. Today I finally got my fuel delivered by Sourdough Fuel. It was definitely a new experience. It's basically a traveling gas station that comes to your front door. I know I probably sound silly, but it's not every-day-living when your house, I mean cabin, is ran off of oil from a tank that sits right outside your stoop.

Anyways, the delivery was this afternoon and the delivery man pulled the hose from the tanker and filled it up. He said the oil comes out at a rate of 55-65 gallons a minute. It literally took him longer to back the truck up than to fill the tank. I think he thought I was crazy because I was asking questions and taking pictures, oh well!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment